2011-06-01

Introduction

Since I'm just starting out on this blog, I believe some introductions are in order. My name is Konrad Kiss, I live in Hungary, Europe with my wife and two mischievous kids.



I'm a developer - currently primarily working on networked games. The tangent technologies involve many languages, services and frameworks, so i guess developing games today isn't that much different than developing any other software. Except perhaps the fun factor and the fact that you have to play during office hours. (Alas, office hours become rather long by the time your deadline creeps closer.)

I also work from home. If you have not worked from home before, you probably think it's the best thing. Well, it's very nice, true. You get to sleep in in the mornings, and life becomes pretty much like that of a writer. But there are downsides as well. The thought becomes inevitable, that you are spending every single moment of your life at your workplace. It is very hard to find the time for a hobby without thinking of it as slacking on the job. Which is weird, but I still can't really think otherwise after many years of working from home. It's a good thing I enjoy my job - I don't see how it could work out any other way.

I always wanted to start an online log of some sort to keep track of all the weird stuff I witness while I work, and finally got around to it. So I'll try to keep the personal stuff to a minimum and push the tech stuff and code into the foreground.

I don't expect myself to be able to write every day, more like do regular recaps every few days or whenever something interesting pops up. We'll see how that goes. Programmers tend to perceive time in mysterious ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment