2011-06-21

Debugging Torque 3D Network Packets

Yesterday (and today) I spent a LOT of time debugging network packets in our game, Xenocell. I had TORQUE_DEBUG_NET defined and tried to do this "live" meaning via direct connection to a dedicated server.

The client was a DEBUG binary and the server was running release. Fortunately before spending more than 20 hours on finding out why I was getting an invalid checksum right after initiating the connection, I found Stefan Lundmark's thread over at GarageGames.com.


I know this information is not very useful to most people, but it was driving me nuts. I somehow need to start our beta on the 1st of July, and small things like this make it really really hard. I probably won't be posting much the coming days.

Now, back to business!

No comments:

Post a Comment